Saturday, January 08, 2005

Sunshine

Sunshine
by Robin McKinley

OK. First blog post. Ever.

This book is Buffy the Vampire Slayer as presented by Charles De Lint with hints of Blade Runner and, alas, Das Boot (that means it was boring).

The book starts out strong as a classic tale of a twenty something, "where is my life going", chick getting chained up next to a semi-vegitarian vampire (talk about LUCK) in an alternate "post human/vampire war" future. I mean, how could this NOT succeed?

The book is not bad, but it's hard to describe what's good about it. This is pretty disappointing given a relatively engaging opening. As I read it, I felt there should be more. It was like spending hours trying and failing to remember something that was just on the tip of your tongue.

I'm giving this book two thorns (scale of five).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home